Friday, February 5, 2010

Shoulda called in.

I would like to begin this post by saying that I am a very good girl. I follow the rules, I learned early on that lying to my parents *always* did more bad than good, and I am an incredibly hard worker. So when I got it into my head this afternoon that I would like to play hookie from work, I dismissed the idea as ridiculous. Seriously.... What would be the point? I'm going to Venice in 10 days. I need the money. I have bills I have to pay. I should go in.... right?

I should have trusted my instincts. :(


While helping a coworker carry out two VERY HOT, sizzling fajita plates, the "out" door of the kitchen slammed into me. Knocking one of the plates off the wooden holder and onto my wrist. OUCH!!! I now have a third degree burn on my wrist, and a blister the size of a nickle. So instead of spending all morning at my first uber-cool craft store in Weisbaden (45 min away), I have to go to the hospital. One day I will tell you about my dislike of hospitals. You'll laugh so hard you'll pee your pants. Seriously.

Here's hoping to an in-and-out visit, and several hours perusing craft aisles.
xo, Jenn

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Ouch! Sorry to hear about your misfortune at work today - hope it heals up soon!

Jenn said...

Thanks Sarah. It's a painful process, but it's slowly getting better. I'm just hoping it doesn't scar!