Sunday, December 5, 2010

A great weekend

Sometimes us girls need to have a little face-time with Mom... and that's exactly what I got this weekend! My mom (AKA Momma Bear), treated me to a much needed visit, and I can't wait until Christmas when I get to see not only her, but my beloved sister as well!

We didn't go anything too exciting, but it was just nice to hang out again. Momma Bear arrived late Friday night, and we went to out to dinner at an awesome restaurant called Fairground Inn and had ourselves some yummy Italian cuisine. I had classic spaghetti and meatballs, and my mom had stuffed peppers (which is what I'll be getting next time I'm there!).

Saturday was an all day shopping event. We started the day with a bite to eat at the restaurant I work at, Tilted Kilt. We chatted with the girls, and even had a few laughs with a few of my regulars. Then we braved the mall. We found some pretty awesome deals (my favorite being a pair of gray jeggins on sale for $10, originally $40) and I even picked up a few Christmas presents! Yay me!! After the mall we took a quick detour to Bed, Bath, and Beyond for a little browsing and a massage... yes, a massage. Who could pass up testing THREE massage chairs on display after a long day of shopping?? Definitely not us. We finished the day with a tasty salad from Panera and our Italian leftovers while we watched Letters to Juliet.

Gotta say, cute movie. Wanna know what's really fun about it though? Having actually been to Verona, and jumping excitedly with my mom when we spot the custom apron shop next to Juliet's house. Yeah, we're silly like that.

Today Momma Bear had to begin her long journey home early, as it started snowing overnight and there were already a couple inches on the ground. I was bummed to see her go, but the couple nights that we got to hang out were definitely worth it.

I hope everyone else had a magical weekend!
xo, jenn

PS- I would have loved to post pictures of our weekend adventure, however my little point and shoot camera was badly destroyed Thursday night. Sad panda Jenn.... let the pouting fit begin...

No comments: